hosted by Jenius Social
Fish and seafood are fantastic dining options but so many people shy away from them because they don’t know how best to use them. This popular course demystifies fish and seafood, showing you how to source and prepare them before finishing off by creating some delicious fish dishes, including fish stock and sauces.
Discover how to identify the freshest fish and shellfish, then get hands-on as you learn how to scale,gut, skin and fillet round and flat fish using sustainable produce. You’ll learn knife skills and pin boning, then it’s swiftly on to making fish stock together with some tempting fish sauces.
You will be cooking a raft of tasty dishes including seafood, whole fish, sauces and sides. You’ll be eating all of these too, so come with a healthy appetite! We guarantee you’ll leave with an ocean of fish skills and knowledge to amaze friends & family.
- Select & buy quality fish
- Knife skills & selection
- Fillet flat & round fish
- Making fish stock
- Prepare & cook scallops
- Pin boning
- Making fish sauces
- Preparing shellfsh
- Presentation skills
- Baby Squid Chorizo, Lemon Butter and Herbs
- Caramelized Seabass & Scallops, Bean Fricassee, Chive Butter Sauce, Parma Ham Crisp
- Thai Mussel & Tiger Prawn Soup with Lemongrass & Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Steamed Flat Fish Stuffed with Fresh Crab & Basil, Sautéed Scallops, Wilted Spinach, Fennel & Tarragon Sauce