hosted by Food at 52
In this all day Southern Indian feast we delve deeper into tastes from Kerala and beyond, including some typical banquet dishes and seafood curries. Vibrant and colourful, light yet impressive, this really is worth having a go at.
The ingredients are readily available and the style surprisingly simple. Predominantly vegetarian, but with some fish & seafood for good measure, this food has a style hinged on coconut, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
A typical menu may include:
• Keralan prawn curry
• Snake bean thoran with fresh coconut
• Spinach vada
• Appams with aubergine chutney
• Beet pachadi with moru kachiyathu yoghurt sauce
• Aubergine rasavangi with tarka dal
• Tindora thoran with pistachios